Sunday, December 14, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire


It's been a long time since I posted. It's not that I'm lazy. I don't find anything interesting to post. There are only 3 things that I'm doing these days.
Work - No. I can't blog about work. Blogging about MSFT or any other company in this industry will attract people only if it is going to be MSFT bashing. Since I'm NEVER gonna do that... I can't blog about my daily work.

Gaming on my 360 - Hmm.... I'm just a beginner here. I'll start blogging about games once I start playing a variety of games

Movies and TV Series - This is where I spend a major chunk of my time. I have blogged about few TV Series earlier. Since most of my blog readers are not in U.S (I know that 7 people read my blog regularly... lol.... :D and only 2 of them are in the U.S). So, this blog is about a movie I watched yesterday.

It was snowing in Redmond yesterday. We went to the Bellevue Botanical Garden at 5PM. The place was decorated for Christmas - it was really really good. They tried to make different interesting themes with lights. I'll upload few pics of that later. We were roaming there until 6.30. We then decided to go to the Bellevue Square. Since none of us had any plans for the evening we decided to catch a movie - Twilight. (Yeah, I know that its kinda girly movie, but I read the book and was curious to see how they adapted that for the big screen). When we were standing in the line, we met another friend who was there to watch Slumdog Millionaire. So, change of plans. We got the tickets fot Slumdog Millionaire instead. Here is my review of the movie from Flixster.



Amazing screenplay... One of my friends commented "The movie did not portray India properly and that it focussed on the dirty slums of India". Yes. That is where the story is set. Nothing wrong in focussing on the slums. When Americans make movies on/in India, they tend to exaggerate everything. People relate India to elephants and men in turban. The beauty of this movie is that nothing was exaggerated. Every single incident shown in the movie happens in India. Some of those incidents might be embarassing for us Indians (especially when we see the movie in America with an American crowd). But that's the truth and we have to accept it. Hats off to the director!!

Try to watch this movie if you get a chance. Last I checked, it was 201 on the IMDB top 250.

1 comment:

Alpine Path said...

Well, looks like you have another reader in US now :D Anyways, great post! And yeah! I'll put the movie on my "to-watch-in-future" list :)