Thursday, September 4, 2008

War of the Browsers


I think a new law has been passed in the blogosphere. If you are a blogger, you must blog about Chrome. So, here I go.
I don't want to write a review about Chrome or a review about reviews. I've written most of the things that I want to say in the comments section of this blog.I wrote these comments on the day after Chrome's release. I'm happy that one of my predictions has come true (at least until now). The statistics from the past 2 days (If you don't like statistics please make sure that you visit this useless blog by a useless person). Chrome has been able to capture approx 1% of the market share. The major chunk of this share comes from Firefox (as expected) and a small portion of it from Safari. IE's share has increased after Chrome's release. I agree that this might not indicate any trend. It's just that people are trying out the new browsers. Still, I feel that if Chrome is successful the loss would be greater for Firefox than for IE. I can write pages and pages about this (I posted 7 or 8 comments in Gopi's blog) but I don't want to do that again. Let's just use the browser that we are satisfied with.

P.S: IE refers to IE8 and not any of its predecessors :)

8 comments:

Abhay said...

man ... never thought u would take it so personally

Abcd said...

and thanks for the free ad ;)

MsRulz said...

What made you think that I took it personally? Just wanted to link your blogs coz you were worried that they were not showing up on the search. I just thought that "useless" would be the best word to describe your blog !! Don't take it personally ;-) (I'm sorry I'm not as skilled as you are in using Emoticons)

Abcd said...

ok ok.... i'm gonna write somethin totaly different.... :) ... and do try reading that book... its 47 years old and still considered as a classic

Mohammed Shareef said...

Its still a beta version. Its very early to conclude anything on the market share, or the effect of chrome on other browsers. But still have a look at this:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/09/10/Chrome_snatches_share_from_IE_1.html

Listen2Gopi said...

it is very obvious that u work for microsoft ;)

Alpine Path said...

Lol! Not that Chrome is the best browser out there, but Chrome has some good features that other companies can adopt too! Like coming up with a cached version(from google search) of the intended webpage instead of the usual 404s. Isn't it smart marketing? Live search results can also be used like that right? These are small things but they would help the IE get more market shares :)

MsRulz said...

Oh.. I did not know that Chrome can do that. You can be pretty sure that we will have that feature on IE8 then :D