Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Fall Schedule ;-)

September 22nd marks the beginning of the fall TV season this year (Friends premiered on September 22, 1994 and Lost premiered on September 22, 2004). ABC calls it the "National Stay at home" week. Wish I could stay at home!!
This year, Heroes returns on September 22nd with a two hour season premiere. The second season of Heroes was not as good as the first. One of the major reasons for this was the writer's strike which reduced the number of episodes to 14. They had to cut down on more than 10 episodes. Volume 2 ended with Sylar returning getting back his powers. Tim Kring mentioned in an interview that Volume 3: Villains will have a lot of new characters with new powers. I can only hope that this season is as good as the first. It would be great to watch Hayden Pannetiere in action again!! Catch "Heroes" on NBC - Mondays at 9PM.
Family Guy (Season 7) and American Dad! (Season 4) return September 28th on Fox. This brings Seth MacFarlane 's foul mouthed, crazy, racist characters back after a short break. You can also check out Seth's short videos here. Family Guy and American Dad! will be telecast on Sundays 9 - 10 PM on Fox.
A new series premiered on Fox 2 weeks ago. It's called Fringe and it is Fox's attempt to challenge NBC's Heroes. It is based on Fringe science and Fox has spent lots and lots of money (atleast for the first two episodes). The first two episodes were not very interesting and I would stop watching it if it does not improve in the next two episodes - Tuesdays 9PM on Fox.
The Big Bang Theory returns for its second season September 22nd on CBS. Scrubs and Lost will not return this fall. They will premiere in January on ABC (Scrubs moves from NBC to ABC).
My Saturdays are reserved for College Football. Gators are in good form this year. They should be able to win the SEC this year if Tim Tebow continues his Heisman winning form.
I have started following NFL this year and I watch at least 2 games every Sunday. I was disappointed with Seattle Seahawks' game last Sunday and I hope they would get back their form at least this week.
So, that is my TV schedule this fall. Check out IMDB's Fall Preview if you are interested. Have fun!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

machan u r the right example for the phrase be the person where you live, something like that.. i dont remember the phrase properly..!! :D and yeah cant wait to c heroes..!!

MsRulz said...

When in Rome, be Roman... :-P

Aparna Radhakrishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aparna Radhakrishnan said...

Thanks for the Fall schedule.
When it comes to your name, I always get confused..Meaning.. I remember I said "Madam" for "Madhan" while compering in the 5th grade.
And now, when Harish said "machan".. I read it as madhan. I realised it soon and just smiled thinking of the school days.
(No comments about my vision!)


Also.. Being a Roman in Rome is easy cos it's cheaper and easy to get the basic Roman channels (not Indian channels).. if you know what I mean. Easy to argue on this as well..

Aparna Radhakrishnan said...

Birthday wishes to You!

MsRulz said...

Thanks Aparna!!
I won't argue with anything :P

Abcd said...

hmmm.....

MsRulz said...

What is that hmm.... supposed to mean? You are pondering over my schedule?