Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rihanna's unfaithful in tamil - courtesy Vijay Antony

I've been listening to Suryan FM for the past few days - thanks to Loka. I listened to this tamil song (2nd video) being played on the radio. First, I thought it was some ad/promo. Then I realized that it was a song from a movie (Kaadhalil Vizhundhen). Deva's tradition still lives on in the tamil music world.... Remove around 60 sec from the beginning of the first video and you get the second video...
Unfaithful has always been one of my favorite songs, but to listen to this version just makes me puke. When will we get another Ilayaraja or Rahman again? Is anyone at least trying to be original?




6 comments:

Prasad said...

this seems to be your latest finding!!

Unknown said...

i feel sry for the singer, tamil one, she's got a gr8 voice..!!

MsRulz said...

Prasad, I don't understand your comment...
Harish, yes.. I liked her voice too, don't know who she is...

Aparna Radhakrishnan said...

The one who sung this song is "RAMYA".. one of the contestants of Airtel Super Singer 2007.

Talking abt "copy cat" - I have seen some situations where in the composer gets influenced by the songs he/she listens to quite often, and thereby it is kinda reflected in their tunes. He/she may not even realize that it sounds like something else too! (after all it's "saptaswarangal"). But this is not always the case. People composing should have definitely thought abt these things if they wanted to sound "original" right?

Is anyone at least trying to be original? -- Good possibility from my side.. Madhan!

Aparna Radhakrishnan said...

oru correction - Ramya super singer la illa nu nenakren.. telugu singer polaruku.

Alpine Path said...

Tagged you!!! Looking forward to your post!